Wednesday, June 02, 2010

I wonder…..if I will ever find love…

Finding love…..Ahhh….The favourite topic among the singles, eh? It’s definitely one of (I won’t say… favourite but) the regular topics I have with my bff, J, and with my bestie, P. We talk about it but we don’t dwell over it. (Err…am not so sure about J, tho’. Eheh!)

So, I’m in my 30’s and I’m single! I’ve never been married and I don’t have any kids (du-uh!). Does that make me a L-O-S-E-R in life? Who are you to judge, anyway?

Why am I single? Simple answer – I haven’t found the right person. What does that mean, anyway? The right person? You meet someone, there’s chemistry and you hit it off and that makes him the right person? And then as you go along, you realize that things don’t work out the way you plan/want it to be and suddenly Mr Right becomes Mr Wrong?! Okay, correction - I haven’t met the person who gives me that feeling of knowing when things are right. Am I making sense? Ah! Whatever!

To be honest, when you are in your 30's, the dating pool has become shallow and it is even challenging to find someone. Even more difficult for someone who is lazy to meet new people and go out on dates, like...yours truly! The 'comforting' words that you might have heard before, "The good ones are already taken/married!" Are you sure? Are you sure the married ones are always the good ones? Eheh! Just a random thought there!

Anyways…. So, yeah, when you are in your 30’s, single and (maybe) looking, you look for a man that can provide you with MORE than just LOVE! Eff that bullshit that love conquers all! Come on, get real! I’m sure most single women (especially) my age want a man that can provide her the mental and emotional stabilities on top of the undivided love (+ trust + respect + faith and out-of-this-world sex….yes, we, women are demanding!) Physical and intellectual chemistry must also exist. Above all, the man must be able to lead and to guide me to a better path in life, spiritually. Of course. See? Not easy to find such a man, eh?

And Oh! Financial stability is equally important. Hey, we are fighting against our biological clock, aren’t we? Isn’t it every girl’s dream to become a mommy? Okay, not all but most! My biological clock is no more ticking, it’s BANGING! If I can’t become pregnant the natural way (by the way, Madonna became pregnant and gave birth to a healthy baby at the age of what 39, 40? There’s still hope!) then I’d probably need to go for IVF or IUI treatment and that can cost lotsa moolah! (Do the treatment, get twin shot and then close shop - SETTLED!) And one needs a man/husband who can bloody afford to pay for such treatment (on top of providing us with big house(s), car(s), endless shopping and globetrotting)! So, yes, I need a man who is financially stable, too! (Read: Billionaire!)

Another random thought - My religion should tweak the law and allows Artificial Insemination for women who are not so lucky in finding husbands, like me, eh? "Oh, what a waste!" was what my gynae said seeing so many healthy eggs swimming around when she did abdominal ultra-sound on me! I kid you not! Forgive me God! It’s just my usual propensity to over-analyze the shit outta things! Anyway, if it’s not fated for me to become a mommy, it’s okay. I have 7 nephews and nieces plus another bun in my sister’s oven. They are like my own kids and I love each of them dearly. And they better look after me when I’m old and dying (and if I'm still single then!)

Yes, I’m single but I’m not desperate. Being desperate and needy is so not cool! Period. I’ve sort of trained myself to not be so caught up with the issue of finding love. I’ve grown quite accustomed to being single. (Is that sad?!) Well, if I happen to get lucky to find someone worth my while (even if he’s not a billionaire), then great! If it doesn't happen, oh well….I’m not going to bang my head on the wall and go cuckoo over it. God made men in pairs. Maybe it is not the right time yet for me to meet my pair. Or maybe I’ve met him. Maybe we're not fated to be together. Whatever it is, I believe, He has a better plan in store for me and while He’s working on the plan, I’ll be focusing on living my life to the fullest!

I wonder….sometimes…if I will ever find love. InsyaAllah!

3 comments:

Judge said...

INsyaAllah you will find your love one day. Thats a very entertaining read. One of the best so far!! Keep it coming babe!!

Unknown said...

we always find love when we stop looking for it. better get a 'real' man than a loser, yes?

still, enjor reading ur blog girl! keep it up! :D

Tuan Senang Besar said...

love is easy.
getting the right time isn't.
;)

Post a Comment